Advantages of minimally invasive eye surgery (MISS)
- All MISS incisions are located under the eyelids minimizing visibility of surgery
- MISS incisions are far from the highly sensitive cornea, which will minimize postoperative discomfort and risk for corneal complications
- MISS minimizes hospital stay
- MISS shortens the postoperative inability to work
- MISS can be used for most eye muscle surgeries
- After MISS reoperations will be easier
Six hours after miss surgery of both horizontal rectus muscles in the left eye only a minimal redness is visible and the eye can be opened normally. Patching of the eye is not necessary after MISS, even after reoperations.